Monday, December 1, 2008

Beef and Noodles



Now that I've re-stocked my pantry with home canned beef, this beef and noodle dinner was just about as easy as making a can of soup. Plus, it was the perfect dish to serve alongside the last of my Thanksgiving mashed potato leftovers. And...everyone in my house loves beef and noodles and eats them without complaint. That's always a bonus. Here's how I make beef and noodles.

I open one quart of beef.


I empty it into a pot and re-fill the quart jar with water. I add the water to the beef, drop in a couple of beef bouillon cubes and bring it all to a boil.


Then I add one half of a bag of egg noodles



And cook it until it looks like this, for about 15-20 minutes.

That's it. It's so fast and easy.

Oh, and while the beef and noodles were cooking I put my leftover mashed potatoes in a saucepan, added a little milk, and re-heated them on medium heat.

I plated it all up with the very last of Thanksgiving green bean casserole. Look good? It was.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails