Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Dinner


This is what I was doing last week instead of posting my daily meals for all of you. I know that Thanksgiving is 5 days over and many of us are now pressing on to prepare for Christmas. Still, while it's fresh in my mind, I'm sharing my Thanksgiving recipes with all of you. As my husband correctly pointed out, it's cooking with Krista, not cooking after Krista. The craziness of preparing for last week's holiday got the best of me, so go ahead and file these away for next Thanksgiving. Or use them throughout the year. I generally don't roast a 16 lb. turkey in July...but I could.

Before I share these recipes, I just have to show you the apron that my mom gave me for this year's meal preparation.

Give Thanks

Isn’t that the whole point of this holiday? Not to gorge yourself on turkey and pumpkin pie and fall asleep with your top button undone while watching football (which by the way, I whole-heartedly advocate that tradition) but to celebrate with the people we love and who love us in return and give thanks for the blessings in our lives.

I know in the past I have complained about the choice of area grocery stores. But really, I am thankful that I live in a place where I can go to a grocery store, choose from a variety of quality products, fill my cart, put the groceries in our car, drive my healthy children back home and feed my family. And if I’m thirsty, I depress a button on my refrigerator and clean, drinkable water flows into my cup. I know many people do not have these luxuries and conveniences. A trip to the store might seem like a small thing, but it is such a huge blessing.

So many reasons to be thankful. Looking at our Thanksgiving dinner table serves as a reminder.


And to top it off, dessert! That’s Peanut Butter Pie on the left, Pumpkin Cheesecake in the center, and Cherry Pie on the right.


Speaking of desserts...those are the first recipes I will share. Although they are the last course in the dinner, desserts are the first thing that I prepare. I made the cheesecake and peanut butter pie on Tuesday night before Thanksgiving and the cherry pie the morning before. So, in order of preparation, here are my desserts.

1 comment:

kim bledsoe said...

all your food looks so good. I bet your family was so full for a week. I am going to have to try some of the pie ones. keep up the good work

Related Posts with Thumbnails