Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Peanut Butter Pie

I put this dessert on my menu because I know my dad loves it...but I have to confess, it was for me too. Do you ever hear anyone say, “Just a little for me, that’s too rich,” when it comes to dessert? I have to honestly say that I don’t get it. I have never felt this way about a food. I say the richer, the better. I often hear the “that’s so rich” comment when people taste this dessert. That’s probably why I’m such a big fan of this peanut butter pie.

You need a baked pie shell to start.


In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of peanut butter, 1 package of cream cheese, 4 tablespoons of melted butter, and 1 cup of sugar.


Fold in 1 tub of whipped topping



Pour the filling into the baked pie shell and smooth it around. Now refrigerate until serving.


Serve it with whipped cream and some shaved chocolate for that “wow” factor at your Thanksgiving dinner. However, it’s just as good all by it’s lonesome while you watch Desperate Housewives on a Sunday night.

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOVE Peanut Butter Pie.. Maybe I'll attempt this for an Easter Treat! Have fun on Vacation..

Related Posts with Thumbnails