Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Spinach Dip and Meatballs...not together, of course

I don't really have a recipe for these, but since they were on the menu, I thought that I would document these 2 easy appetizers as well.

Spinach Dip with Hawaiian bread is always a crowd pleaser. You begin by hollowing a round loaf of Hawaiian bread (usually found in the deli section of the grocery). Reserve the bread from the middle and either cut or tear into bite-sized chunks and arrange them around the bread loaf on a plate or a tray.


Before serving, fill the loaf with spinach dip. You can buy the dip or make it yourself from the recipe on the bread package. This is the homemade dip pictured below. My sister made this dip the night before the party. But remember, do not fill the loaf until right before the the party. If it's sitting in the refrigerator overnight, filled with the spinach dip, the bread will probably get soggy.


Now for the meatballs. I've never made meatballs this way before, but I know they are a popular party recipe. Most people are skeptical when they hear the ingredients: Meatballs, Chili Sauce, Grape Jelly. That's it. Talk about easy. We just dumped a bag of frozen, pre-made meatballs into a crockpot.


Then I poured in a bottle of chili sauce and a small jar of grape jelly. I don't have pictures of the finished product, but they did look and taste pretty good. Just stir them up and cook on high for a few hours before the party.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails