Sunday, December 14, 2008

Meal Plan and Grocery List 12/15-12/21

In case any of my faithful readers are curious about my lack of posts over the last few days, keep watching this week and you can read up on my weekend of holiday baking. I baked a crazy amount of cookies! Which leads me into an explanation, if not an apology for this week's simple meal plan. These are meals that involve only 5-15 minutes of prep. Who has the time right now? If you have mailed all of your cards and shipped all of your packages, delivered cookies to your friends and neighbors, finished shopping and wrapped every gift and placed it under your perfectly decorated tree, then congratulations. I mean it. Good for you. Me...I still have a few loose ends to tie up. So, this week simplicity is the key.

Meal Plan

Monday December 15th

Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Garlic Bread

Tuesday December 16th

Smoked Pork Loin from Stonie's Sausage Shop


Wednesday December 17th

Beef Stew and Drop Biscuits

Thursday December 18th

Tater Tot Casserole

Friday December 19th

Marinated Water Chestnuts Wrapped in Bacon
(an appetizer for the first of many family Christmas parties we will attend this season)

Saturday December 20th

Holiday Party, no meal planned

Sunday December 21st

Order Pizza
(we'll be travelling this day, so I doubt I'll be cooking when we arrive home)

Told you it would be simple. This will also be my last meal plan until after the New Year. We'll be on the holiday circuit for a couple of weeks, visiting friends and family. Rest assured, I'll have my camera with me and I'll be cooking a bit too. So, when I have the chance to post, I will. Don't go far...
I'll be back better than ever with a meal plan and maybe a resolution or two on January 5, 2009!

Grocery List

Produce

Onions, mushrooms, garlic (whatever you like in your spaghetti sauce)

Meat

1/2 lb. Italian sausage
1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
Smoked Pork Loin
2 lbs. cut up beef for stew or 1 quart of canned beef
bacon

Canned Goods

Spaghetti Sauce
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can french onion soup
1 can tomato soup
2 can whole water chestnuts
soy sauce
vegetable oil

Dry Goods

Spaghetti
Beef Bouillon
Bisquick
brown sugar
toothpicks

Freezer

Garlic Bread
4 cups mixed veggies
32 oz. bag tater tots
1 bag stew veggies or mixed veggies

Wow. Even the grocery list is pretty simple this week.

This week I wish you all of the joy of the season! Happy Holidays meal planners!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grrrrrrrrrreat blog!!!

Don't let the recession get you down. When was the last time you looked at government grants? With the bailout, there is more money than ever. Don't miss out.

******************************
My Award Winning Blog
*****************************

Related Posts with Thumbnails