Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Potatoes

I served 3 variations of potatoes this year. Sweet potatoes in the form of a casserole, plain old mashed potatoes, and cheddar garlic mashed potatoes.

Here is the sweet potato casserole courtesy of my mom. I love this recipe. It’s one of the dishes I most look forward to.




The recipe:

3 cups of mashed sweet potatoes
½ cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla
2 eggs

Mix well and put in a casserole dish

Topping:
2/3 cup brown sugar
½ cup flour
½ butter

Cut together and sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Top with chopped pecans. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.



Notice how yellow my mashed potatoes are? I used Yukon Gold potatoes this year. They mashed up nicely. For the garlic-cheddar version, I took 4 cups of the regular mashed potatoes that I mixed with butter and salt and milk and then added 8 oz. of cream cheese, 1 cup of cheddar cheese and three crushed garlic cloves. Yummy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails