Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Corn Casserole

Everyone has a favorite Thanksgiving food. This one happens to be my husband’s favorite. He actually said that as long as there are corn casserole, mashed potatoes, and rolls on the table, he really doesn’t care about the rest. He doesn’t even eat dessert. I guess men are from Mars and women are from Venus, because that is just plain craziness to me!

I began by melting a stick of butter in my baking dish. Then I dropped in a couple of eggs and slightly beat them with a fork.


Now I just start dumping. The recipe calls for 8 oz. of canned corn. My family froze corn into bags last summer, so that’s what I used. I’d guess this is about 2 cups. I dumped in some chopped onion, which the recipe does not call for, and salt and pepper….also not in the recipe that I used.


More dumping. That’s 8 oz. of sour cream and 1 small box of corn muffin mix.


Top her off with a can of cream corn and stir it all up until completely combined.


Now pop it in a 350 degree oven for an hour. The center should be set (not jiggly). This one may have gotten a little too “done”, I didn’t have any of this casserole left over, so it was a hit with the crowd.

Baked Irish Corn
1 stick butter, melted
2 eggs
2 cups of corn, drained
1/3 cup chopped onion, optional
8 oz. cream corn
8 oz. sour cream
1 small box corn muffin mix
salt and pepper, to your taste

Combine all ingredients in a large baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, until set.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails