Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Turkey Alfredo Pizza




Anyone else still using up their leftovers? Since we're a pizza lovin' family, this recipe caught my eye. Pretty simple to throw together, it was a relatively healthy and tasty way to use up leftover turkey.

You start with one of those pre-baked pizza shells. Cut a clove of garlic in half and rub both halves over the crust.


Next spread 1/2 cup of low fat alfredo sauce on the crust.


Mix 10 oz. of thawed and drained chopped spinach with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper.


Sprinkle that evenly over the pizza. Note the top right corner is void of spinach? Yeah, the "spinach makes you strong like Popeye" was totally lost on my kid. I hope it works better for some of you. I'm becoming better at picking my battles and the "eat your spinach" tug-of-war wasn't something I wanted to approach tonight. So that area is a kid-friendly-no-spinach zone.

Now top with about 2 cups of shredded turkey.


Drizzle with another 1/4 cup of the alfredo sauce and top with a cup or so of shredded Italian blend cheese. You can also sprinkle the pizza with 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes for a kick...just be sure to avoid the kid-friendly-no-spinach- zone when you're sprinkling these around. Watching your small child brush at their tongue and pour water down their face while screaming in a demonic voice, "It burns, it burns!" just like that scene from the Exorcist when Reagan is being sprinkled with holy water may seem like an entertaining way to pass your dinner hour, but trust me...it's really not that fun.


Now bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.

2 comments:

Katie@ThisCrazyLife said...

Yeah thanks for rminding me about the demonically possessed Reagan. That will help me sleep tonight!

Krista said...

Oops. That totally makes me laugh now that you bring it up. Your Reagan is, of course, an angel.

Related Posts with Thumbnails