Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sweet Peas Parma



I made this Sweet Peas Parma as an afterthought to serve alongside the savory Burgundy Beef I made for dinner. In my opinion, this simple recipe stole the show!

I heated a tablespoon of olive oil and melted a tablespoon of butter in a skillet. Then I chopped a few slices of deli ham and minced a clove of garlic and added them to the butter and oil. Cook the ham until it gets a little crispy.



Then add in a medium tomato, seeded and diced. Salt and pepper. Heat through.



Last step, add a bag of cooked peas. I used one of those steam-in-the-bag brands that I cooked in the microwave.



That's it! Super easy and delicious. I grated a little Parmigiano-Reggiano over the top. Mmmm.




Sweet Peas Parma from Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking Magazine

1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, coarsely chopped
1 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Place peas in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water.
Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet,
cook prosciutto and garlic in oil and butter over medium heat until prosciutto is
crisp. Add the tomato, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in peas.

Yield: 4 servings.

One serving: 3/4 cup Calories: 181 Fat: 8 g Saturated Fat: 3 g Cholesterol: 20 mg Sodium: 569 mg Carbohydrate: 17 g Fiber: 6 g Protein: 10 g Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.

Weight Watcher's Points: 3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to cook peas! My DD7 loves peas - she'll even eat them frozen. I bet she'd love this recipe, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails