Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Brunch



We're a week away from Mother's Day and my thoughts have turned toward brunch. Brunch is one of my specialities. Quiches and pastries and fresh fruit and always...bacon. I just love bacon! A fellow cooking blogette, Carole, said it best in response to my BLT post: "You, like me, must believe in the following motto: Bacon is Meat Candy." Meat Candy. Ha! Love it! You can find the link to Carole's blog, "Hey Mom What's for Dinner Tonight" in my sidebar.

So back to brunch. I've been craving this romaine and mandarin orange salad with homemade poppyseed dressing that I haven't tasted since last summer. Also, I was dying to try an onion pie recipe I found in Light and Tasty magazine. What a better excuse to make these recipes than brunch? Like I've ever needed an excuse to cook. Excited to plan a Sunday brunch, my eyes rested on the over-ripe bananas in our fruit basket. Perfect. Banana Muffins. Every brunch needs baked goods! This meal came together so beautifully that I could sing. (But I'm pretty sure if I did, I'd be eating alone. I've got a lotta soul, but that's were my talent in the singing department ends.) Everything turned out perfectly and was just plain delicious!



Onion Pie



Orange Romaine Salad with Homemade Poppyseed Dressing (pictured here on the side)



Banana Streusel Muffins with Caramel Glaze


If you're hosting the Mother's Day Brunch at your house, these are winners. You can find the recipes in the following posts. Me, on the other hand...I won't be cooking at all next Sunday. I get to pick where we will eat. Whatever I want. You wanna hear something crazy? I can't stop thinking about IHOP. I haven't set foot in an IHOP since we moved from Georgia almost 10 months ago. IHOP was one my favorite after-church routines. And they've got great coupons! We'll see. It's a whole week away. But right now, I'm leaning away from a prime rib buffet or steak with lobster and I'm thinkin' Mother's Day at IHOP. So what are your Mother's Day plans? I'd love to hear them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Krista! Thanks so much for the shout-out. Bacon IS meat candy. The five of us savor a pound of that crispy, salty goodness every Sunday morning. Mmm, bacon. :-)

Your brunch looks amazing. That onion pie...I love onions. I'll have to try it.

IHOP - you're hilarious. I've never set foot in one. It must be good if you're wanting it for Mother's Day.

We are hosting lots of family here at our house on Mother's Day. I love to entertain...er, I love to control certain things and entertaining is one of them. DH won't let me have a say in the menu, though, which is driving me insane. So, I'll just have to control the table settings and anything else I can get my hands on. LOL

I hope your Mother's Day is full of moments of relaxation, received gratitude and pampering. We deserve it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails