Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pork Loin Marinated in Famous Dave's Pork Marinade

I'm on a marinating kick lately! First Beef On A Stick on Sunday, now this pork loin, and I'm already marinating chicken breast halves for Mary's oven fried chicken for tomorrow's dinner. It's a sign of the season. As the weather gets warmer, I stock up on marinades when they go on sale. It makes for a flavorful, quick and easy dinner on the grill through the warmer months.



If you're following the meal plan, you may notice that I flip-flopped the oven fried chicken for this marinated pork loin. I am having one of those days. I didn't fall asleep until after 2 a.m. this morning. At approximately 2:30 I had a coughing 4 year-old standing at my bedside. She proceeded to cough and hack and toss and turn until 5:30, when my husband got up to shower for work. Finally at 6:30, with the husband out the door and my tiny bed hog settled, I drifted off to sleep. Until...a little after 8 when the baby was up and at em'. By 9:00 a.m., a repair man was in my kitchen and I was pouring a big, very black, cup of joe. "You're going to need that," he observed. "You look really tired." Gee thanks. Ya think?! With the forecast boasting temps near 70 degrees and exhaustion upon me, a simple dinner prepared on the grill was just what the doctor ordered tonight.

This post is more of a product review than a recipe. I found this Famous Dave's Pork Marinade on sale at the grocery a couple of weeks ago. I thawed some pork loin leftover from St. Patty's Day, sliced it up, and covered it with the marinade before tossing it back into the fridge.


The day dragged by. I chased the kids. Played with Play-doh. Organized the pantry. Did two exercise videos. Sorted 537 pair of socks from the bottom of my laundry basket. Drank a pot of coffee. Finally, dinner time rolled around. Here is the view of our grill. It's raining, it's pouring, my husband is snoring (he came home and took a nap). He was tired. Poor baby. Grrr. Can you tell that I am overwhelmed with sympathy? Lack of sleep decreases my capacity for sympathy exponentially. Anyway, the point is, there was a torrential downpour and it was too yucky to grill out.



I opted to broil the loin chops in the oven.


Good stuff. A word of warning, this marinade packs some heat. Little ones will likely deem this too spicy. After some careful investigation, I found that it doesn't say "hot" or "spicy" anywhere on the bottle. Granted, the label is red and there are flames in the graphic...but I assumed that just represented flames from the grill. You know what happens when we assume, right? It does say, "Let this blend of herbs and spices give a flavorful kick to your next barbeque. Great with all cuts of pork." I guess kick = spicy. I personally love spicy, but this one is a little much for kiddos. Just a heads up.



Sweet dreams tonight, everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me! I love all the food at Famous Daves, and if this helps me make it at home, I'm in!

Oh, and my husband comes home to nap, too. Really? After I've been up since 6:30am chasing 3 boys under age 2 1/2 around all day? Thanks. I feel your pain, Krista!

Heidi said...

I need to buy me some of that Famous Dave's marinade! Those look so good and I have some pork chops in the freezer. I have had many of "those" kind of days! I think it goes with the title of mom!

Netts Nook said...

Your pork looks perfect. The corn wow. Good job.

writter said...

https://allnewforyoudaily.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails