Sunday, April 17, 2011

Meal Plan and Grocery List 4/18- 4/24

I'm back to meal planning this week. It's time to get back into the groove after a few weeks off.   I had no idea that our Spring would be so busy! Really, I'm just easing back into meal planning. I only needed to plan 3 dinners (+ 1 night of leftovers) this week since it's a holiday week and we have plans for 3 dinners away from home. I knew that I would be making at least one dinner with ground beef. I ended up with 4 lbs of ground chuck that needed to be used after a couple of people didn't show up for a class that I taught last week.  I browned it and put it into my freezer on Friday.  The first recipe I choose to make with all of this beef is my sister's enchilada casserole. Even though it was featured as a guest post in the early days of my blog, I have never tried it. (You can click the link below to view the recipe)  Since I have all of that beef browned and in my freezer, I pulled up some other ground beef recipes that I've written about on this blog.

Just in case any of you ever find yourselves with an abundance of ground beef, here are some great ways to use it up. All of these recipes work well with fresh ground beef as well as beef that has been browned, then frozen.

Easy Ground Beef Recipes:

Chili
Sloppy Joes
Beefed up Ramen Noodles
Beef Chow Mein
Tater Tot Casserole
Shepherd's Pie
Italian Crescent Bake
Taco Salad

Here's the plan for this week:

Monday April 18th

Baked Chicken with Rosemary Onion Sauce

Tuesday April 19th

Enchilada Casserole

Wednesday April 20th

Happy Birthday to my husband!
Dinner Out

Thursday April 21st

Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork

Friday April 22nd

Dinner with friends

Saturday April 23rd

Leftovers

Sunday April 24th

HAPPY EASTER!

Here's the link to the Bunny Oreo Truffles I created last Easter. If you don't want to bother with the ears, decorate them like Easter eggs!



Grocery List

Produce

2 onions
garlic
green bell pepper


Dairy

milk
butter
1 cup Mexican blend cheese

Meat

4-6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 1/2 lb. pork loin roast
1 lb. ground beef

Canned Goods

chicken broth
20 oz. can pineapple chunks
soy sauce
cider vinegar
Worcestershire sauce
vegetable oil
tomato soup
cream of mushroom soup
red enchilada sauce
refried beans

Dry Goods

flour
crushed rosemary
paprika
brown sugar
corn starch
1 packet taco seasoning
1 package hard corn taco shells

1 comment:

Kim said...

Those bunny truffles are so stinkin' cute!

Hope you have a great Easter, Krista!

Related Posts with Thumbnails