Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Meal Plan 4/25- 5/1

I hope that you all had a wonderful Easter. I am so full right now I can hardly think about the meals that I will prepare this week! We attended a family Easter dinner at the home of good friends and feasted on everything from the traditional American favorites that I am accustomed to like ham and a cheesy potato casserole to Slovakian fare such as HaluÅ¡ky and Pierogies, Stuffed Cabbage, and Easter cheese. Then there were the Lebanese Tabbouleh, the Greek Stuffed Grapes Leaves, and a wonderful batch of Pad Thai Noodles. All of this AND a number of additional salads, appetizers, and too many desserts to mention. It was quite a multi-cultural smorgasbord! I was in foodie paradise. At one point I wondered if they would have to roll me out their front door when the festivities ended!

This week's meal plan consists of leftovers and easy recipes that I have prepared before. I will post the links to the recipes, so no need for a grocery list this week. In the place of the meals I would usually post, I will be writing about a few of the dishes I provided for the Easter pitch-in.

Here's what's on the menu at our house this week:

Monday April 25th

Easter Dinner Leftovers

Tuesday April 26th

Egg Salad (I need to use up all of the hard boiled eggs we colored over the weekend)
I've got my eye on THIS RECIPE.

Wednesday April 27th

Crock Pot Chicken Soft Tacos
This tried-and-true favorite is often on our menu. If you're looking for the perfect chicken taco meat, this is the recipe for you!

Thursday April 28th

Fabulous Focaccia Sandwiches

Friday-Sunday April 29th-May 1st

I'm going out of town. While away, I'll be cooking at a Pampered Chef Party and a Dinner Club Party, so I'm sure that I'll have some new recipes to share when I return!

I hope that all of you have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails