Friday, March 19, 2010

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia



We really enjoyed this quick, easy, pan-fried Tilapia recipe. It's from Simple and Delicious magazine, which by the way, is an accurate description of this dish. It is indeed simple and delicious. The breading was tasty and crispy. I could see it applied to other types of fish, chicken, or even pork chops. Start to finish, this dinner took less than 30 minutes. I might have even had it ready in 20. I'll have to check my stop watch. : )


You just need to set up the breading stations: flour, then egg, then a mixture of crushed butter crackers, Parmesan cheese, and salt.



Dredge the tilapia in flour.



Take it for a dip in the egg.



Coat with the cracker/Parmesan mixture.



I forgot to take a picture of the part where I cooked it. Ooops. It wasn't tricky. While I was setting up the breading stations, I heated 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet. Then I transferred the fish to the skillet and fried for 4-5 minutes on each side.

They turned out perfectly golden brown and crispy.



Mmmmm. Flaky too...



I would definitely make this again, especially in a time crunch.

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia from Simple and Delicious Magazine

4 Servings Prep/Total Time: 25 min.

Ingredients
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 10 crackers)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tilapia fillets (5 ounces each)
2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
Lemon wedges
Directions
•Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow
bowl, combine the crackers, cheese and salt. Dip fillets in the
flour, egg, then cracker mixture.

•In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 4-5
minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily
with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 287 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.

To download or print this recipe click here!

7 comments:

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Yum! I love tilapia and what a great crust too.

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

on my list to cook... Great recipe for my Caribbean life!

gaga said...

I just happen to be debating what to do with the tilapia in my freezer. This has just moved to the top of my list of options. It looks great.

Kim said...

You always have such great pictures! I admire how you have the patience to take so many pictures of the cooking process. This recipe sounds like a winner. I bet the cracker coating with the fish is really tasty.

Reeni said...

What a delicious crust for tilapia! Love how easy it is too.

Ty'sMommy said...

This sounds delicious. I've done similar things with pork and chicken, but never thought of doing it with fish! I have never been a big fan of fish, in general, but recently I have developed a taste for rainbow trout. I may have to pick some up and give this a try!

Katy ~ said...

Krista, I'm not keen on fish, but there's so much eye appeal here that I would love to try it. Once ever decade or two, I try fish. I think this may be the year, grins, as this looks delicious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails