Monday, January 19, 2009

1st Birthday Party



We celebrated our sweet baby's first birthday on Saturday. In the past I have put on themed parties from Elmo to Scooby Doo to Disney Princess. This time around it occurred to me that this would be the only childhood birthday that my daughter would not have an opinion about the theme. So next year I may be up to my elbows in Cookie Monster blue icing, but this year I had complete creative control. I went with ultra girly pink. I draped every doorway, window, and even the china cabinet with shades of pink crepe paper. Pink balloons for every chair. Pink roses around the cake. For that matter, I frosted the cake in pink. As I sent my mom up to dress the birthday girl for her party debut, my sister turned to me and quipped, "Let me guess. She's wearing pink." Yep. What else? "My colors are blush and bashful". Any fans of Steel Magnolias out there?






And since I'm all about the menu on this blog, here is what we ate:

Starters:
Buffalo Chicken Dip and Chips (courtesy of a friend)
Veggie Tray
Raspberry Cheesecake Ball with Shortbread cookies (thanks to my mom)
Williams Sonoma Peppermint Bark
Hot Chocolate
Spiced and Vanilla Chai

Guests had spent the afternoon sledding and tobogganing, so the hot drinks were a perfect way to defrost.

Dinner:
Oven-baked ham n cheese sandwiches
Cheesy Potato Soup
Chili with all of the fixings- Fritos, sour cream, cheese, onions
Garlic-herb bread

Dessert:
Birthday cake (of course) and vanilla ice cream

It was such a cozy, perfect night celebrating the first year of our baby's life with friends and family.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like the perfect little girls party and what a wonderful 1st birthday party at that!
Your photos are amazing, Krista! I love reading your blog, thanks for giving me something else to be addicted to :o)

Krista said...

No, no. Thank YOU for reading! I love getting feedback!

Susanna said...

Wow.beautiful birthday bash! My "baby" girl is now a teenager. I remember the good old days when I coul dress her in pink & purple!

Do you have your mom's recipe that you mentioned in this post? Sounds good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails