Duck Fajitas! We actually prefer them to beef fajitas in this household. The meat is so tender and flavorful, yet leaner and lower in calories. These duck fajitas made for an easy, delicious weeknight dinner.
To begin, I just sliced some boneless, skinless Maple Leaf Farms duck breast filets into 1/2 inch strips. Then I tossed the meat with garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper.
Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add the duck strips and stir-fry until barely pink in the center. Remove duck from the skillet and set aside.
Heat another tablespoon of oil in the same skillet and add peppers and onions. Stir-fry until tender.
Return the duck to the skillet and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
I assembled a build-your-own fajita bar on my kitchen counter with cilantro, lettuce, chopped avocado, cheese, salsa, and sour cream for topping.
And that's dinner. So good!
Duck Fajitas from Maple Leaf Farms Meals to Remember cookbook
4 (6 oz) Maple Leaf Farms boneless, skinless duck breast filets
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 each red, yellow, and green bell pepper, cut into long strips
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
12 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed according to package directions
Optional toppings: salsa, sour cream, diced avocado, chopped cilantro
Cut duck crosswise into 1/2 inch thin strips; place in a medium bowl. Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; mix well.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add duck strips; stir fry until barely pink in the center, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
Heat remaining oil in the same skillet; add peppers and onion; stir-fry until tender, about 5 minutes. Return duck with any accumulated juices to skillet. Stir-fry 2 minutes. Serve in tortillas with toppings as desired.
Makes 6 servings
And now for THE GIVEAWAY!!!!
It's no secret that I'm a big fan of Maple Leaf Farms duck. You just have to read THESE POSTS on my blog to know how much I love their products.
Some of you have commented on past posts that you also enjoy duck and some of you have written that you'd really like to try it. Well, for my fellow duck enthusiasts and for those of you who are just itching to try, this contest is for you!
The good folks at Maple Leaf Farms are sponsoring a GIVEAWAY here on Krista's Kitchen!
The prize pack includes:
4 Boneless, Skinless Duck Breast Filets
The Appetizer Sampler Pack featuring 5 pieces of each: Duck and Black Bean Quesadillas, Duck Springrolls, and Duck Potstickers. I have tried all three and loved them all! Delicious!
And finally, a copy of Maple Leaf Farms 25th Anniversary special edition cookbook Meals to Remember: A Celebration of Duck. This thematic, hard-bound cookbook valued at $35 features colorful pictures of mouth-watering appetizers, sides, salads, main dishes, AND desserts!
This is some serious duck swag!
Go to to the Maple Leaf Farms RECIPE PAGE and click the RECIPE pull-down in the bar at the top of the page. View the recipes; choosing from categories such as appetizers, entrees, soups, salads, (and more!) then come back here and leave a comment on this post stating which duck recipe you would most like to try.
For Additional Entries:
1. Become a fan of Maple Leaf Farms on Facebook.(1 bonus entry)
2. Follow this blog, Krista's Kitchen. (1 bonus entry)
3. Follow Maple Leaf Farms on Twitter, then comment here. (1 bonus entry)
4. Post about this contest on your blog, Facebook page, or Twitter and comment back here. (1 bonus entry for each post- limit 3)
* Giveaway closes on Sunday, February 13th at midnight EST.
* Open to residents of the United States only, please.
* You must leave an email address in your comment, be linked to a public profile containing your email address, or provide some way for me to contact you, in case you win. If you don't want to post your email here, you can email it to email@example.com
* The winner will be announced in this post and notified by email and will have 48 hours from the time of that email to reply and claim their win before an alternate winner will be selected.
This Contest is NOW CLOSED! Thank you for entering.