Sunday, August 9, 2009

Meal Plan and Grocery List 8/10-8/17

We had a wonderful time with our weekend company, and now I'm finally getting to the meal plan. I won't be posting about my daily cooking this week for two reasons, 1)because we're getting ready to take an end of summer vacation so I'm not buying many groceries or cooking a lot of food because I don't want leftovers decomposing in my fridge while I'm away and 2)because I have 6 recipes that I've made and photographed that I have not yet written about here. So, I'm using this week to catch up and post about Peach Cake, Banana Pound Cake, Ribs, Potato Salad, Peachy Chiffon, and Bananas Foster Stuffed French Toast. I decided to go ahead and make an abbreviated meal plan for my dear readers that follow the plan...I'd hate to leave you hanging. Below are the links to 5 meals that I've featured on Krista's Kitchen and the grocery list too. I couldn't help but notice as I looked over some of my old posts how much my photography and blogging skills have improved. 7 months at this and I'm finally getting the hang of it!

Monday August 10th

Cheesy Beef and Bean Burritos

Tuesday August 11th

Vegetable Soup and Good Ol' Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Wednesday August 12th

Beef Chow Mein

Thursday August 13th

Grilled Chicken with Black Bean Salsa

Friday August 14th

Tostada Pizza



Grocery List

Produce

3 onions
green pepper
jalapeno pepper
carrot
garlic
green cabbage
green beans
zucchini
celery
mushrooms
red onion
plum tomato
tomato
lettuce
green onions

Meat

8 cups shredded beef
2 lb. lean ground beef
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Dairy

butter
8 oz. cream cheese
24 flour tortillas
7 cups shredded Monterrey Jack and Cheddar cheese
refrigerated pizza dough

Canned Goods

24 oz. beef broth
10 oz. diced tomatoes with green chilies
Hormel chili
24 oz. chicken or vegetable broth
tomato paste
sliced water chestnuts
soy sauce
15 oz. black beans
8 oz. unsweetened crushed pineapple
lime juice
hot pepper sauce
pinto beans
taco sauce
diced green chilies

Dry Goods

flour
cumin
chili powder
basil
oregano
salt
beef bouillon granules
garlic powder
cornstarch
rice
brown sugar
taco seasoning
cornmeal

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails