Sunday, March 22, 2009

Meal Plan and Grocery List 3/23- 3/29

According to my meal plan, I'm scheduled to post about Bacony Chicken and Rice Bake tonight. I'm super excited to try it. However, much like last Sunday, we ate too much after church and I'm so stuffed I can't even think about cooking. My husband and kiddos seem pretty full too, so I'll wait to make the Chicken and Rice tomorrow when everyone is good and hungry and will appreciate my efforts. This week is going to be pretty easy in the cooking department for me. We're getting ready for Spring Break, so I'll be busy cleaning and keeping up on laundry and packing. My little sis, Angie is taking the guest cook spot again on Tuesday with her Enchilada Casserole. My mother-in-law will be here for a visit toward the end of the week, so my husband and I will probably take advantage of having a baby sitter and head out with friends for dinner at least one night. So that's what's going on with the meal plan. And here it is:

Monday March 23rd

Bacony Chicken and Rice Bake

Tuesday March 24th

Angie's Enchilada Casserole

Wednesday March 25th

Asian Chicken with Rice Noodles

Thursday March 26th

Cheeseburger Soup

Friday March 27th

Pizza Night

Saturday March 28th

Out to Dinner

Sunday March 29th

Balsamic Chicken Breasts
with
Sweet Peas Parma...I hope.

Sunday dinners haven't happened for us the last two weeks. We'll see. If it doesn't happen, I promised to feature these recipes in another meal plan this Spring.

Grocery List

Produce

4 carrots
3 onions
garlic
tomato
celery
1 3/4 lbs. potatoes

Meat

4 slices bacon
4 chicken thighs
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 1/2 lb. ground beef

Deli

prosciutto or deli ham

Dairy

butter
milk
sour cream
Velveeta
Mexican blend cheese

Canned Goods

cream of chicken soup
cream of mushroom soup
tomato soup
red enchilada sauce
refried beans
3 cups chicken broth
reduced fat peanut butter
soy sauce
honey
sesame oil
olive oil
balsamic vinegar

Dry Goods

rice
rice noodles
flour
cornstarch
taco seasoning

Spices

garlic powder
garlic salt
thyme
ginger
rosemary
paprika
Cajun seasoning
nutmeg
oregano
parsley
basil

Freezer

16 oz. pkg. peas

2 comments:

Lisa B said...

Just found your blog. Lots of great recipes and pictures! When do you find the time to write? Just wanted to share a meal planning site I found recently. I really like it so far. Makes meal planning much easier.

Oh, its at www.plantoeat.com

Krista said...

Thanks Lisa!

It is definitely a challenge finding the time. I try to steal a few minutes here and there, writing from my laptop when the kids are playing happily or when the baby is napping and the oldest is a pre-school (between loads of laundry. lol)Thank goodness that I can "save" and come back later.

I usually end up writing late at night when the house is quiet. Who needs sleep, right? : )

Thanks for the meal planning site. I'll definitely check it out. And thanks for visiting. Come back and let me know what you think anytime.

Related Posts with Thumbnails