Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Shrimp Scampi



Day 3 of the 5 ingredient challenge graced our table with this dee-licious Shrimp Scampi. With an afternoon spent entertaining three 5-year old girls (and one tag-a-long toddler), washing windows, and yard work, I was ready for a quick, easy, garlic-laden comforting dinner. This Shrimp Scampi served over whole wheat pasta was just what the doctor ordered.

For the sauce you need butter, garlic, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Melt the butter in a skillet, saute the garlic until golden, then add the lemon juice and hot sauce.



Now toss in the shrimp and cook for a few minutes until...



the shrimp are all curled up nice and pink.



We tossed our scampi with some whole wheat pasta. I followed the recipe to begin with, but upon tasting the shrimp and sauce, they lacked the garlicky, buttery-ness that I prefer my scampi to possess. I had to play with it a bit, adding more butter and then more garlic, a little salt, and then finally I caved and broke the "5 ingredient rule" and stirred in some Parmesan. And then it was perfect. We ate this with garlic bread and broccoli. YUM!



Shrimp Scampi

1 1/2 lbs. medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 stick butter
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
hot sauce, to taste
salt
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
pasta, cooked according to package directions

1. Melt butter and saute garlic. Add lemon juice, salt and a few dashes of hot sauce.
2. Add shrimp. Cook and stir until shrimp are pink. Stir in Parmesan.
3. Toss with hot cooked pasta.

7 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

Your scampi looks delicious. I wish hubby wasn't garlic-a-phobic.

Katy ~ said...

Shrimp scampi is one of my all time favorites; never had it with hot sauce so this would be a good way to try this. Good pix; I want some at 4:36 in the morning!

Anonymous said...

Krista, this sounds/looks sooo good! I might have to make it for myself for lunch today. dew

Reeni said...

One of my favorite meals!! This looks so yummy! I never had mine with hot sauce.

Rachel said...

We LOVE shrimp scampi around here! Since my husband and I seldom get to go out, I try to make a nice dinner for the two of us from time to time--shrimp scampi being one of our absolute favorites! Can't wait to try this version...I'm anxious to see how it tastes with the addition of hot sauce!

theUngourmet said...

I've been looking for a good shrimp recipe. This one would be great to try! :P

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely bookmarking this. It looks fantastic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails