Sunday, September 6, 2009

Meal Plan and Grocery List 9/7 -9/13

We're having a wonderful long weekend of hiking, biking, cooking out with friends, watching football and catching up on little projects that we've neglected while enjoying the final weeks of summer.

Here are a few pics from a hike that we took with some friends yesterday afternoon:





Does anyone know what these little spines are that are sticking up off of this maple leaf? Just wondering.



After all of that fun, I'm tired! This afternoon as I sat down to plan our meals for the week and make a grocery list, my mind went blank. I just wasn't in the mood for planning. It was the perfect time to enlist "meal plan recycling", which I site in my Guide to Meal Planning as one of the benefits to holding onto previous meal plans. I looked back through my summer meal plans and picked this one from June:

Monday June 22nd

Smoked Sausage with Red Beans and Rice

Tuesday June 23rd

Chicken with Black Bean Salsa

Wednesday June 24th

Fresh Fettucini with Clam Sauce

Thursday June 25th

Garden Vegetable Soup
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Friday June 26th

Pizza...always pizza.

Saturday June 27th

Brats on the Grill
Tomato and Corn Risotto

Sunday June 28th

Bruschetta on the deck




Grocery List

Produce

3 medium onions
1 small red onion
plum tomato
garlic
parsley
carrots
cabbage
green beans
zucchini
5 ears corn
medium tomato
1/2 cup basil

Meat

1 lb. smoked sausage
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
bratwurst

Dairy

4 oz. Monterrey Jack cheese
butter
Parmesan cheese
American cheese
Milk

Dry Goods

beef bouillon
rice
Cajun seasoning
brown sugar
garlic powder
flour
pepper
basil
oregano
hot dog buns
arborio rice
French bread

Canned Goods

vegetable oil
diced green chilies
1 can red beans
Tabasco or Frank's Red Hot
black beans
8 oz. unsweetened crushed pineapple
lime juice
olive oil
1 can minced clams
clam juice
3 cups broth
tomato paste

Awesome! I didn't even have to make a grocery list. It was ready to go! The links are all provided above for your viewing convenience. Hooray for the recycled meal plan!

I hope all of you are enjoying a lovely Labor Day weekend!

5 comments:

chow and chatter said...

love the pics sweet krista

theUngourmet said...

I don't know what those spikes are but Julia from The Apron Goddesses is a Botanist and my go to girl for questions about plants and such.

Great menu for this week!

Rachel said...

I don't know if I've ever told you, but I love how organized you are with your shopping list! Your pics are adorable, too!

Chicago Mom said...

I think the spikes on the leaf are some sort of bug eggs, but don't quote me on it. :)

Recycled meals are the best; you gotta have your tried and true favorites every once in awhile.

Katy ~ said...

Sweet, sweet pix of you and your children.

Related Posts with Thumbnails