Monday, May 2, 2011

Candy Bar Cookie Cups


Luckily, my weekend visit to Indiana coincided with the monthly dinner club meeting. I posted HERE about dinner club last summer. A group of our college friends formed this club that meets for themed dinners in which each couple contributes a dish or two. Once a month, our friends gather together to catch up, reminisce, swap stories about our growing families, pour drinks, sample the recipes, and laugh into the night. My husband and I live too far away to make a regular appearance so it's always a treat when we can make it back for one of these parties.

I realized that no one was bringing a dessert to this meeting around the time my car crossed the Indiana State Line on Friday night. While I am usually happy to make one more recipe, I knew that Saturday would be a busy day filled with preparing for a scheduled Pampered Chef party, presenting the cooking show, cleaning up, and making the two appetizers that I had already planned to bring to dinner club. I needed to find a recipe that was quick and easy, yet spectacular. These decadent cookie cups certainly fit the bill!

I adapted this dessert from a recipe for Secret-Center Cookie Cups that I had seen on the Pillsbury website. Using prepared cookie dough, bite-sized candy bars, and frosting from a tub, these were so fast and simple to make!

First, I unwrapped 24 bite-sized Snickers bars. You can use any bite-sized, chocolate-covered nougat and caramel candy bar for this recipe. Then, I divided a tube of prepared peanut butter cookie dough into 24 pieces. I pressed the candy into the cookie dough in the palm of my hand, then rolled the dough between my hands to cover the candy bar and form a ball.


I dropped the dough-covered candies into my mini-muffin pan and baked for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.


Remove the muffin pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack. While still warm, use a mini-tart shaper to make an indentation in the top of each cookie cup. Then take the cookie cups out of the tin and place on a the rack to cool completely.


To finish, I used my Easy Accent Decorator to pipe prepared chocolate fudge frosting onto the top of each cookie cup.


Candy Bar Cookie Cups adapted from Pillsbury.com

1 roll refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
24 miniature milk chocolate-covered nougat and caramel candy bars (about 1-inch square), unwrapped (I used Snickers)
1 container (1 lb) chocolate creamy ready-to-spread frosting

DIRECTIONS
Heat oven to 375°F. For each cookie cup, wrap a heaping teaspoonful cookie dough around 1 candy bar, enclosing it almost completely and forming a ball. Place the cookies in a mini muffin pan. Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brow. Gently press a shallow well into the center of each cookie cup using a mini-tart shaper. Cool 1 minute. Remove to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Spoon about 3/4 cup frosting into an Easy Accent Decorator or a pastry bag with a star tip. Pipe frosting on top of each cookie cup.

4 comments:

theUngourmet said...

I love these cookie cups. I have a tart shaper sitting in my drawer that could use a good workout!

I am starting work full time at a camp kitchen this week. These cookies would be great for camp!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

beautiful and decadent... And fast

Saving this

Desi said...

So cute, Krista! Hope all has been well with you and your family!

teresa said...

oooh, how pretty! love this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails