Sunday, September 26, 2010

Meal Plan and (partial) Grocery List 9/27-10/3

Fall is here! Yay for sweater weather, trips to the orchard and pumpkin patch, and the smell of burning leaves! Inspired by the chill in the air and the gray skies, I was craving soup and crock pot dinners when writing the meal plan this week. You'll notice that I've only planned meals through Wednesday, with leftovers on the menu for Thursday. On Thursday, only my husband and youngest daughter will be dining at home. No meals planned for the weekend either, because I won't be here. My husband and I are going away together! My in-laws are coming to stay with our children and it's a safe bet that they will spoil them with pizza and McDonald's. Because the meal plan is short this week, and the links are provided below to all of the meals in my archives, I am only including the grocery list for Wednesday's dinner, Korean Short Ribs.

Here's the plan:

Monday September 27th

Zippy Chicken Soup or Spicy Black Bean Soup

Tuesday September 28th

Spaghetti and Meatballs (using these meatballs from my freezer and spaghetti sauce from a jar).

Wednesday September 29th

Slow Cooked Korean Beef Short Ribs

Thursday September 30th

Leftovers

Friday October 1st-Sunday October 3rd

This cook is off duty!



Grocery List (for Short Ribs)

Produce

green onions
fresh ginger
garlic

Meat

4 to 4-1/2 lbs. beef short ribs

Canned Goods

Soy sauce
beef broth (It's only 1/4 cup. You can use water too.)
sesame oil

Dry Goods

linguine pasta
sesame seeds
brown sugar
black pepper


Now I need some help planning my meals for the next week. On our getaway, my husband and I will visit Cape May, Atlantic City, and Philadelphia. Any suggestions for good eats in these places? They don't have to be fancy : ) Thanks!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Sounds like a great meal plan. It just got hot here so I'm going to have to wait to enjoy soup!

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Oh akkkk no burning leaves for those of us allergic please!!! :) Seriously though, would you send some sweater weather my way, because we've still been in the 90s around here. I think a cold front (relatively speaking that is) is passing through and we'll be seeing some slightly cooler weather at least this coming week! Have fun on your weekend away!

Kim said...

I noticed that my best friend who lives up there by you was wearing a sweater and jacket today. I can't believe the difference. Yesterday it was in the 90's here and today it was still fairly warm.

Have lots of fun with your husband this weekend! I've always wanted to visit those cities (especially Philly), but I've never had the chance. I hope you tell us all about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails