Sunday, April 25, 2010

Meal Plan and Grocery List 4/25-5/2

Whoa! It feels like an eternity rather than a week since I sat down to type last week's meal plan. We had out of town company for part of the week, a short-lived (thank goodness) stomach bug visited our house, the house got clean, the house got very dirty, the weather turned beautiful, the weather turned ugly. Somehow, with all of this going on, I did a ton of cooking and baking. First, for our Cookie Task Force Care Package, then yesterday we tried our hand at Compost Cookies, an unusual but yummy cookie recipe! I'm still working on recipes for Paula Deen's Real Women of Philadelphia contest so I whipped up two amazingly delicious new recipes: Three Bean Salad with Creamy Green Chile Pesto dressing (inspired by last week's Espresso Rubbed Steak with Green Chile Pesto) and a mean plate of Cinnamon Nachos with Cream Cheese Sauce and Strawberry Salsa. I promise that I'll try to work these recipes into my posting schedule soon. On top of all of this, I've been hired to teach an evening cooking class in the Fall and I'm working diligently to complete my course outlines to turn in this week. More on that later...

Do you ever have weeks like that? Crazy, right? Let's hope that this week is a little more "chill". I'm an optimist by nature, but I won't hold my breath. We're leaving on vacation next Monday. So much to do...so little time. At least I know what we're having for dinner each and every night this week and my fridge and pantry are stocked! With that said, here's the meal plan:


Monday April 26th

Sliders (bumped from last
week’s plan)

Tuesday April 27th

Crock Pot Sticky Chicken

Wednesday April 28th

Fabulous Focaccia Sandwiches

Thursday April 29th

Leftovers

Friday April 30th

Coyote Pizza

Saturday May 1st

Asian-style Braised Short Ribs

Sunday May 2nd

Leftovers...again

Grocery List

Produce

Onion
Basil
Spinach
Green onion
3 tomatoes
Jalapenos
Garlic
Lemongrass
Ginger
Lemon

Meat

3-4 lb. whole chicken
3-4 lb. beef roast
8 oz. chorizo
5 lbs. Short ribs

Dairy

shredded cheese for tacos
Queso fresco
Sour cream
Orange juice

Canned Goods

Mayonnaise
Roasted red pepper strips
1 jar salsa
Sweet red pepper sauce
Soy sauce
Rice vinegar
Hoisin sauce

Dry Goods

kosher salt
Cajun seasoning
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Paprika
Thyme
8-10 in. focaccia bread
Flour tortillas
3 pkgs taco seasoning
1 pre-baked pizza shell
Crushed red pepper
Jasmin rice

*ingredients for the Sliders can be found on last week's grocery list HERE.

I hope that you all have a wonderful week!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like a great menu plan Krista. I got that nasty stomach virus too - it was not fun! Yay for your vacation coming up. I bet you all are going to have so much fun.

Holly said...

Love this idea!! It all sounds good too:)

Mary Bergfeld said...

Sounds like your table will be a great place to be this week. You have dotted all your I's and crossed all your T's so it should be any easy week for you and anyone else who follows your menu plans. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

embraced by grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
embraced by grace said...

I recently found this blog. Where do I find the recipes that are in the grocery list? I did find the braised short ribs on the side list, but not Crock Pot Sticky Chicken,Fabulous Focaccia Sandwiches,or Coyote Pizza. Also is there a search tab to just type these names in? Help Please!!

Krista said...

Mama in Indiana,

Hi there! Welcome! I don't have the links on the meal plan because I haven't made the recipes or posted about them yet. I post em' after I make em' through the week. I'm actually making a different braised short rib recipe this week...Asian Style! I often recycle recipes in my meal plans (unfortunately not this week) and if I've made the recipe on this blog before I always include the link.

Thanks for reading and I hope this helps! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails