Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Dessert

Chocolate chip cookie-cupcakes topped with chocolate ganache, gingerbread cookie- cupcakes topped with cream cheese icing, creme de menthe brownies(I forgot to get a picture of these), and Best Ever Chocolate Cheesecake were the desserts on the menu for this party. I admit that I had no part in the dessert portion of the party...beyond contributing my Best Ever Chocolate Cheesecake recipe and drizzling the ganache on top before we put it on the table.

My sister had the idea to bake various types of cookies in mini muffin cups and top them with frosting. As we were racing through the store and throwing ingredients into the cart, she grabbed gingerbread cookie dough. I think that I might have said something about avoiding an "impulse buy" and that we should just stick to the menu. I had not ever seen the pre-made gingerbread dough in the store before now. As a woman who had just spent 3 days making gingerbread cookies, I secretly hoped that the Nestle brand would not be as good. I needed to justify the time spent slaving over my cookies. No such luck. The Nestle cookies were delicious. I didn't try to roll out and cut out this dough, but I assume that it would be fine for that purpose.

After pressing the dough into mini muffin cups and baking them, my sister made a cream cheese frosting and piped it onto the top of the tiny cookie-cupcakes.

Then we lightly dusted them with nutmeg and put them on a tray. They were pretty and oh-so-good.


Here's the Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe from Kraft Foods:

18 OREO Cookies, crushed
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
3 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted, slightly cooled
3 eggs
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP

HEAT oven to 325°F. Mix cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 min.

BEAT cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add chocolate; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.

BAKE 45 to 55 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours. Top with COOL WHIP and drizzle with melted chocolate.

1 comment:

Mobile app development company said...

Informative and helpful Post. Thanks for sharing. I want to share information about the Best app development companies. Crafting mobile apps for businesses can be a challenging endeavor, but as a premier app development company with experience, we comprehend your requirements and provide innovative solutions tailored to your needs. Trust us to transform your ideas into cutting-edge mobile applications that propel your business forward.

Related Posts with Thumbnails