Thursday, November 6, 2008

Shredded Pork Tacos

These pork tacos just make me happy. They are so easy to prepare and so good! All you need is 2 cups of last night's Shredded Savory Pork, 3/4 cup of your favorite salsa, 8 tortillas, and your favorite taco fixings. I used cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and avocado. I also recommend olives and sliced green onions.



Let me walk you through it. First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees to warm up your tortillas. Then take 2 cups of the leftover shredded pork and put it in a saucepan with 3/4 cup of your favorite salsa. Here's mine. I just happened to make and preserve my own back in August. If you're still reading next summer, look for the recipe.



Now I wrap my tortillas in foil and put them in the oven for 10 minutes to heat up. In the meantime, I'm heating the pork and salsa mixture on the stove top and I chop up the fixins' and arrange them into a make-your-own-taco bar on my counter top. I heat the pork until some of the salsa liquid cooks down so the tacos aren't so messy.


Once the tortillas are heated, the meat is ready, and the toppings are set out, go ahead and construct one of these tacos and see just why they make me so happy. Bet you can't eat just one...unless you're 4 and you secretly filled up on Nilla Wafers while your mommy was distracted with getting dinner on the table. Nah, it's still a safe bet. I don't gamble with minors.


Got leftovers? You can take them to lunch. Or if you have enough, then freeze it and have Shredded Savory Pork sandwiches or pork tacos for dinner again. This time without the burden of cleaning your crock pot.

I labelled these "pulled pork". Please don't be confused. I know that I've been talking about shredded pork this and shredded pork that, but where I'm from, it's called pulled pork. It's like the whole coke-pop-soda controversy. Or do you eat beef stick or summer sausage? I grew up with pulled pork, so when I labelled these that's just what my hand wrote on the package.
Okay, enough. Enjoy the tacos. I'm signing off for tonight.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails